Are you looking for a Telemetry System for Groundwater Monitoring that meets the Latest Guidelines Issued by the Central Ground Water Authority (CGWA)?
In this article, you will get a brief on the necessary Guidelines of CGWA.
And we will also introduce to you the LogicLadder’s – The Sustainability Cloud, which is a Modern Groundwater Monitoring & Management System that complies with the necessary guidelines issued by CGWA.
Latest Guidelines Issued by Central Ground Water Authority(CGWA)
The prominent points as per the Guidelines Issued by CGWA dated September 24, 2020 as as follows:
- The issued guidelines will be applicable to pan-india.
- If states and Union territories come up with their groundwater abstraction guidelines, the provisions inside CGWA guidelines will prevail in case of inconsistencies among the two.
- You are exempted from seeking the No Objection Certificate(NOC) if your industry draws less than 10cum/day and is registered under Micro and Small Entereprises.
With regards to the Groundwater Monitoring System, following are some key notable points-
- If you have already obtained the NOC from CGWA, then you must install a digital water flow meter with telemetry system in all your existing groundwater abstraction structure, irrespective of quantum of groundwater withdrawal.
- Failing to install the Groundwater telemetry system or a running on faulty system may result in a penalty of Rs 200000 from your end as per the gazette notification.
The Sustainability Cloud : Groundwater Monitoring And Management
Components of the Sustainability Cloud
Our Sustainability Cloud system comprises the following components:
- Borewell Level Transmitter
- Electromagnetic Flowmeter
- IoT Cloud Connector
- Sustainability Cloud Platform – Your dashboard to view all the insights.
Features of The Sustainability Cloud
Our system allows you to keep an eye on the following parameters:
- Water Flow
- Power Supply
- Water Temperature
Benefits of using The Sustainability Cloud
- 24X7 real-time monitoring of level, flow, temperature and pressure.
- Manage your water quality data.
- Generate reports for internal use or sharing purposes.
- Get alerts over email and SMS for better planning and maintenance.
- Forecasting and baselining to prevent over extraction and meet the required set limits.
Requirements for installing The Sustainability Cloud
- Make sure that all your Flowmeters and Level Transmitters are in working condition.
- Your Flowmeter should come with an Rs 485 Interface.
- Your Level Transmitter should come with an 4-20 ma interface.
- For internet connectivity, you can opt for GPRS sim, WiFi or LAN.
- You must arrange a UPS(uninterrupted power supply) for the IoT Cloud Connector.
- You must provide a copy of NOC and other documentation required for CGWA compliance to the LogicLadder’s team.
So, this was the details on the necessary CGWA Guidelines and an overview of our Groundwater Monitoring and Management System – The Sustainability Cloud that is built in compliance with the latest CGWA guidelines.
As Gazette of India dated 24 September 2020 mandates all industries to have a telemetry system for groundwater monitoring, you must take required steps to comply with the new regulations.
Read more on CGWA Guidelines: